Wednesday, January 25, 2012

An Emptiness Within

So, Tony Perkins (of the Family Research Council - an alleged hate group) has declared that "gays and lesbians will always have 'an emptiness within them' and will never be content with having the right to marry, as 'they are operating outside of nature and outside of God's plan and design'".

Can I say I love me some Tony Perkins? I mean, seriously, talk about providing inspiration for a blog post.

Seriously? The dude needs to take his anti-delusion medicine . . . PRONTO!

First, and foremost, as a gay man I'm quite happy with my life and - NEWS FLASH, MR. PERKINS - there's not an emptiness inside of me.

Second, as my 86 year old mother will tell you: God made Scott (that's me, just in case you're wondering) just the way he is! So, I'm obviously not outside "God's plan and design" even though Tony Perkins, and so many other like-minded individuals would like to believe so . . . because it makes them all warm and comfy inside.

Seriously, and I'm sure the man calls himself a Christian as well, and yet, like all hypo-Christians, he forgets the whole part of the Bible that says 'thou shall not judge'.

Okay, I'm not adhering to strictly to that passage either. Oh, well!

Yes, I know, I should turn the other cheek. But . . .

Seriously, how does Tony Perkins live with himself? How does he find comfort in the words he speaks? The hate he directs at other individuals, and attempts to inspire in those associated with the Family Research Council?

I just don't get it some days.

Okay, I just don't get it most days.

Scottford

Oh, you can read the entire article here: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/01/perkins-gays-wont-be-happy-with-marriage-equality-because-of-an-emptiness-within-them/

No comments:

Post a Comment