Thursday, September 29, 2011

PTC

I don't need someone to police my television shows. I don't need some group - that thinks they're way more intelligent than everybody else in America, so much so that they can decide what people watch or don't watch - of obviously (allegedly) limited intelligence to make it their life's goal to Big Brother me.

I'm perfectly capable of deciding whether I want to, or don't want to watch a program, read a book, see a movie, or whatever.

Apparently, the PTC, aka Parents Television Council, has decided that NBC's The Playboy Club is a "degrading and sexualizing program". The PTC, through their rabid dog efforts, have convinced 7 advertisers to quit advertising on the show.

We are not Russia during the Cold War. We are not a third world country ruled by a dictator. We, i.e., the United States of America, are a democratic country with citizens, for the most part, capable of making informed decisions.

So, dear PTC (and trust me, the words I could fit to those initials aren't pretty - ha), GET A LIFE! I don't need you making decisions for me. The citizens of the United States do not need you to make decisions for them in regards to what they watch or don't watch on television.

Scottford

No comments:

Post a Comment