Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dating Done God's Way

No, joke, people, no joke at all . . . at least according to a commercial I saw multiple times this weekend.

So, I watched a bit of television this past, long weekend, and I kept seeing ads - multiple, btw - for dating sites from Zoosk, to Match, to EHarmony, to Christian Mingle . . . which alleges you can find your perfect match "God's way".

Okay, I'm sorry, but . . . SERIOUSLY! God is now running a dating site for Christians? This is His way for Christians to find a date?

I'm sorry, but I think God has a bit more on his plate than to run a dating site. Oh, I think they mention finding "God's match for you". Uh-huh, yeah, take that with more than a grain of salt.

Seriously, people have way too much time on their hands to come up with stuff like this.

I didn't meet my partner - of 17 years, btw - by using a dating site. I did it the old fashioned way: I went out to a public place and met him.

Yes, dating sites make things easier: you see their alleged picture first, find out their likes and dislikes, and, depending on the site, take some compatibility tests so the site can match you up with your perfect mate.

Well, my partner and I found out those things for ourselves . . . and we're still together. Yeah, we have our ups and downs, as all couples do, because there is no such thing as a perfect relationship.

The sad thing about all of this is that people are going to actually believe that this Internet dating site actually has an in with God. They're going to get their hopes up, and then . . . in a good percentage of their cases, they're going to get their hopes dashed.

Are these people with dashed hopes going to blame the site? Of course not. They're going to unfairly blame God because of the BS this site used to promote their site in the first place.

Scottford

No comments:

Post a Comment