Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chik-Fil-A


So Chik-Fil-A feels put upon by the gay community and their supporters. They don't understand the furor over the statements of the president of their company. They - allegedly - don't see anything wrong with denying equality to people they - allegedly - consider different.

Neither did Adolf Hitler . . . and everybody knows how that turned out.

To deny equality - PERIOD - to anybody is WRONG! There is no argument to be had for denying somebody equal rights/protection under the law.

NONE!

Still, many people in this country, and around the world, don't have a problem claiming that they are more deserving of equal rights than their brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents, friends, children, whatever who happen to - by the grace of God - been born gay (this term is inclusive of gays, lesbians, bisexual, and transgendered people).

Now, I guarantee you, if you told any of these people, because say, they had blue eyes and brown hair, that they were unable to marry, say, a person with blonde hair and green eyes . . . they'd have a MAJOR problem with that statement. I mean, it's not their fault they were born with blue eyes and brown hair. That's genetics, after all. It's not like it's a choice - like their religious preference or political preference or the fact that they shop at Krogers versus Publix. It's genetics.

Yes, I know, the allegedly narrow-minded people in the world believe that homosexuality is a choice. It isn't. It's how I - and all gay people - were born. God made us this way, even though the faux Christians out there would like to conveniently forget that fact.

Still, these same people don't have a problem saying - like Hitler before them - I'm better than all the gays in the world. I'm heterosexual. I deserve to pay less taxes since I can legally get married. I deserve - though this has been rectified - to sit at the hospital bedside of the person I love more than anything else in this life . . . as long as I'm a heterosexual. I'm heterosexual, so equality isn't an issue for me or mine!

And these same people, actually don't realize the hatred they are spouting toward other human beings. They don't have a problem with attacking a group of people because, in their narrow-eyed view, they are different!

Well, for the record, yes I am different. I'm not like everybody else out there. I'm an individual. I'm the way God made me.

I don't hate the narrow-minded in this world. I just feel sorry for them that they can't see that denying equality is wrong, that supporting organizations that actively seek to deny equality to citizens is wrong.

ENOUGH! SAID!!

No comments:

Post a Comment